Stuck on Config.php

Stuck on Config.php

by Steven Geggie -
Number of replies: 3

I was running 1.1.1 fine.  I just tried to upgrade to 1.2 and now the application get's stuck on the config.php

A page flashes with the following error message, then it comes back to config.php.  Also any user trying to login gets redirected to the config.php

Warning:  cannot set time limit in safe mode in SYS:\apache2\htdocs\moodle\admin\index.php on line 80.

I turned Safe mode is off to see if this would help....no impact.  I've attached my php.ini file for reference.

I have a demo scheduled for Monday morning and I need some help...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Geggie

Re: Stuck on Config.php

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle 1.2 is still in development, but it shouldn't have problems like that ...

Redirection to the config.php suggests something really wrong about PHP because Moodle never actually runs that script by itself... without seeing your server I couldn't be sure what's going on.  Are you using Novell?

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Steven Geggie -

Wow.....you're good!  I am using Novell 6.5.  I'm assuming that there are some known issues here.

Incidentally, the config problems mysteriously vanished.   (Answer to Prayer).

In my demo today, faculty liked what they saw and would like for us to take steps preparing for a pilot implementation in the fall......

Can you give me any insights regarding resolving known issues with Novell?

In reply to Steven Geggie

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No, there are no known issues. I just thought we might be identifying one.  Glad the demo went well.

(Only Novell uses SYS: to denote a shared volume)