Problems on Students screens

Problems on Students screens

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 6

After changing from phase 2 to 3 this happens on students screens:

Peter

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/ps.powerlearning.at/www/moodle/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2099

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/ps.powerlearning.at/www/moodle/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2100

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/ps.powerlearning.at/www/moodle/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2102

latest cvs version

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: Problems on Students screens

by Ray Kingdon -
Yes, this could happen if there's just been a single student submission and the assignment is moved immediately to phase 3. I would expect that these errors would go away after the editing time, usually 30 minutes.

In practise, it is better to leave the workshop in phase 2 until there's been a reasonable number of submissions from the students. I suppose reasonable is somewhere between a third and two thirds of the students have submitted work. Then move the workshop to phase 3. The module then has a nice number of submissions to distribute around the class. Moving the workshop too early to phase 3 will result in a poorer distribution of work.

Please let me know if these errors didn't go away. Thanks
In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Ph Ho -

Hi,

I have the similar problem as Peter.

Warning: asort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /var/www/html/vbus/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2099

Warning: Variable passed to reset() is not an array or object in /var/www/html/vbus/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2100

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/vbus/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 2102

No Submissions available for assessment
Two third of the students have submitted their assignment but I still get the above error message.
Pls advise.
Thanks.
In reply to Ph Ho

by Ray Kingdon -
Pauline, can you quickly check something for me. If you login as Admin and go to Configuation | Variables page, what is the value of the Maxeditingtime variable? If it's not 30 minutes, set it to 30 minutes and Save Changes. Please let me know what you find, thanks.
In reply to Ray Kingdon

by Ph Ho -

Hi Ray,

I've realised the error messages are gone after 30 minutes.
Students are able to access their peers now.

Thanks for your help.

In reply to Ph Ho

by Ray Kingdon -
Thanks for the swift reply. Yes, this maxeditingtime is a two edged sword. I'll see if I can shuffle the code about a bit so those naughty error messages don't appear. There will always be a delay though between submissions and their being available for assessment. It's important to the person doing the submission to have that grace period, even if it's a bit of a bind to the people doing the assessments wink