Bulk import of students and teachers

Bulk import of students and teachers

by William Fraser -
Number of replies: 3
Hi Having imported all the students and teachers into my moodle site I have now realised that I forgot to assign them as "Student", "Editing Teacher" or "Non editing Teacher". Is there a way of doing this now (in bulk) without having to start again as most of them have used the system, changed their passwords etc.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Fraser

Re: Bulk import of students and teachers

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Checkout the mdl_user_teachers and mdl_user_students tables. When I do my bulk import I populate these tables as well.
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by William Fraser -
Thanks Anthony for the prompt reply...one question...where are these tables?
In reply to William Fraser

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The tables are in your moodle database. Assuming you are using mysql, they are accessible either via phpmyadmin which you can either install on its own or simply place the mysql folder from CVS (moodle.cvs.sourceforge.net) into your server's admin folder. You will then have a link to Database in the administration block when you login as the Moodle admin which will allow you to play around with the actual SQL tables, an activity that is not recommended for the faint-of-heart. Let me know if you have questions on how to accomplish what you are trying to do. Peace.