changing question in one quiz without changing it in others

changing question in one quiz without changing it in others

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 2

I would like to create a new quiz with questions similar to an existing quiz. One option is to retype all questions. But there are potentially two easier options, trying to reuse the existing questions, and I would like to know if any of them is feasible.

1) I could put the questions from the first quiz into a public category and then reuse them in the new quiz. My problem is: if I change them in the new quiz, it will change the old one. Am I right?

2) I could make a backup of the existing quiz and then import it into the other course. Again my question: if after the import I make changes to the questions in the new quiz, will it change the questions in the old one?

Is there some other way to go about this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: changing question in one quiz without changing it in others

by Bernard Boucher -
Hi Gustav,
your are right with 1) and 2)sad.

Happily there is a 3) wink

If your categories are not public, then when you restore the quiz you add a new set of identical questions in the new course, with differents id in database, independently editable as you need, to create 2 differents independants tests

I hope it will help,

Bernard

In reply to Bernard Boucher

Re: changing question in one quiz without changing it in others

by Gustav W Delius -
Thanks Bernard, that was just the kind of answer I was looking for. So if I understand correctly one can make a truly independent copy of a quiz by exporting it and importing to a different course, provided all questions are in a non-public category. approve