Profile pictures can not be uploaded...

Profile pictures can not be uploaded...

by Mikkel Skadhauge -
Number of replies: 4

I have been trying to figure out, how to upload profile pictures in our Moodle enviroment, but i just couldn't find the option that lets you do this. I then spend a couple of hours, sniffing around here, and other places, after having looked through all the settings in Moodle, but i could not find anything that solves my problem. Then i realised it, when i updated my profile here, the option is missing in the update profile picture. After spending some time looking through settings (again), and even looking at the config table in the database, I have basically drawn a blank...

I know what the problem is, the missing option in the update profile part of the system, but other than that, i have no idea how to better the situation. Our installation of PHP is a 4.3.3, so the GD part should not be the problem as far as i can se.

I hope somebody can help me, and I would like to thank anybody in advance for taking the time to help me with my problem.

Mikkel Buch Skadhauge

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mikkel Skadhauge

Re: Profile pictures can not be uploaded...

by Hans de Zwart -
Somebody correct me if I am wrong...

I don't think the GD library is 'turned on' in default installations of PHP. You can click on the PHP info button in the administration menu to see your PHP setting. Do a search for GD, you should see whether it is enabled or not.
Are you using your own server? If yes then you will have to change the settings in the PHP.ini file if GD is not enabled. If you use some hosting provider you will have to talk to them.

Hope this solves your problem.
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Mikkel Skadhauge -

Thannk you for your reply. According to what i could find on the web, PHP 4.3 and later has a version of GD included, but this might be wrong. I can not find anything about GD in the PHP Info, on our server. In the php.ini i could find the following line under windows extensions:

;extension=php_gd2.dll 

We use our own servers, so I have to change things myself, but i will talk to the sys admin over lunch now. Im not sure that he knows what to do about this, because hes not into PHP.

In reply to Mikkel Skadhauge

by Hans de Zwart -
The semicolon (;) means that the line is ''commented out''. If you take away the semicolon and restart your server GD should work.
In reply to Hans de Zwart

by Mikkel Skadhauge -

Thank you for your help. The problem is now clear to me, that the extensions which GD is part of, was not installed on our server. The server can not be restarted until later, but things should work when the server is restarted.

In the meantime i have found another problem with our installation of Moodle, but i will try to se if I can find an answer to that later.