Code in the Title Bar

Code in the Title Bar

by W Page -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Martin!

I am posting this because I did a search for "Title Bar" and did not get back any relevant responses so I am assuming this issue has not been raised before.

When I try to customize course headings I get code in the "Title Bar" of the course with the course heading.

I am using  MOODLE v1.2 (Jan 28, 2004)

Plese go to the following link.  Just click "Guest" to get into the course,
http://s94988317.onlinehome.us/moodle/course/view.php?id=2

Is there something I can do to get the code out of the "Title Bar"?

If it cannot be corrected for this version of MOODLE can something be done so that it does not happen in MOODLE beta 1.2 when it is released?

Thanks in advance for your response.

WP1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: Code in the Title Bar

by Sean Keogh -
I'd suggest changing something in the stylesheet to customise the appearance of your coursenames...that way the html tags will not appear in the window title bar as the course name text will not have those tags stored along with it.

There is a style in the styles.php file (in moodle/themes/yourchosentheme) called ".coursename".

I suspect that is the one to try.

Unless you only want *some* of the courses to have this alternate appearance...that is more of a problem.

Oxford Beardie
In reply to Sean Keogh

Re: Code in the Title Bar

by W Page -

Hi Sean!

I will check out your suggestion.

I did want to make the Text for each course a bit different, even if only the color.  But I will have to wait on that one until someone else codes it in or I learn enought PHP to do it myself.

I will just have to decide on a design to place in the CSS and go with it on all sites.

I just noticed the same problem with the Site Name.  I will probably use the CSS code for that as well although I think I will go with a logo for the site so it may not be a problem there in the long run.

WP1