by john zhang -
Number of replies: 3

i downloaded the package and extrated it, and i got the following contents:

.settings

blocks

course

lang

mod

I'm confused because usually I should have one folder call "dfwiki" rather than these 5 folders.  the document instructs to reply the "wiki" folder with all the contents of the new wiki, but is seems not same contents.

could any one give me some hints about this?

thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john zhang

Re: installation of new wiki

by Mark Penny -
Look here and here.
In reply to Mark Penny

by Mark Penny -
Basically, using my thrice-proven method, you'll have to remove Wiki, DFWiki and Wiki Book (aka Inventory) completely, then install NWiki (New Wiki).

DFWiki had a cool automatic file sorter thingy that put all the files and folders where they belonged the second you unzipped. NWiki does not, so you've got to do it manually. Don't forget to put the lang files in your lang folder. The default language is en_utf8.

Remember to back up (export) your database before you do anything else. You should also back up or rename (I suggest renaming: saves a step or two) your dfwiki tables if you have data on them (e.g., mdl_dfwiki -> mdl_dfwiki1).

Once you have nwiki installed, you will want to delete mdl_wiki, mdl_wiki_pages and mdl_wiki_synonymous and rename the dfwiki tables to wiki tables (e.g., mdl_dfwiki1 -> mdl_wiki).

All of your dfwikis will have been deleted, so now you will have to go and create corresponding nwikis in their stead. Once you have created a nwiki where you once had a dfwiki, go into the database, note the id number of the nwiki, delete the nwiki, go to the corresponding dfwiki (now a homeless nwiki) and change its id number to match that of the deleted nwiki.

Now go back to the course and open the nwiki. If you're lucky, all the corresponding dfwiki pages will now be part of the nwiki. If your'e not so lucky, you will have a blank nwiki with the first page named after the first page of the dfwiki you are trying to "migrate". Never fear.

The solution to this problem is very simple. Go back to the database. Open and browse the table mdl_course_modules. Find the record associated with the migrated dfwiki in question, open it and change the number in the field instance to the old dfwiki id. This will give the nwiki access to all the pages in that dfwiki.

Any problems, drop a line.

Of course, I'm assuming you have access to the database. If you don't, then you won't be able to use my method. Too bad, you'll be missing a ton of fun.

Ludo and Puigi may have other advice for you.
In reply to Mark Penny

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
>DFWiki had a cool automatic file sorter thingy that put all the files and folders where they belonged the second you unzipped. NWiki does not, so you've got to do it manually.

mmm... I'll check it out. It should be sama as dfwiki... but maybe I missed the directory structure.