Student video review

Student video review

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

One of our lecturers wishes to video all their students carry out a horse riding (equine) test.  Is there a way where I can create a separate area or activity for each student to view their video privately and then submit their test comments to the said lecturer? In turn the lecturer could send back their feedback to the individual students on their submitted comments.

I was thinking of the Wiki module but I thought I would ask you guys for any better ideas!

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Ali

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Hastie

Re: Student video review

by Louis Fleming -

Is the video of a size to consider a download link for the students to use?

Louis

In reply to Louis Fleming

by Ali Hastie -

the students video's will reside on our media server so that it is streamed for the students.  I did think of having a hyperlink but would prefer just to play within the Moodle to encourage them to stay within the VLE so that they can add comments about their performance. 

we also plan to have our students (forestry) record videos on their mobile phones and we will upload their videos to our media server for students to view.

In reply to Ali Hastie

by David Le Blanc -
You might create a Journal assignment where you ask your students to create a short reflection on their equine test. The instructor could then simply create a link to each student's test video as part of their feedback. When the learner checks the feedback, they would be able to stream their personal video and continue to dialogue privately with the instructor about the experience. thoughtful