"Available from " or "submissions available from"

"Available from " or "submissions available from"

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Number of replies: 0
Hello,

Probably this is a basic question and I feel that maybe someone else could be in the same position that I am.

When I create a new assignment, I see Assignment name and Description, then I specify Grade, and Available from and Due Date. In my institution teachers use "Description" as "Instructions" or "Assignment Details".

So when I set a date for "available from", what am I setting?. The first day for submissions.  "Available from" seems to be as "Submissions start date"

But what If I want to open my pre-created assignment in an specific day (probably the same way quiz works). Thinking that the assignment is not only the students submission but it also consists of its instructions ..

Probably the Description field could be used as a Summary, (displayed even if the assignment is not available), but a new "Instructions" field could be used to specify assignment instructions (i.e. the assignment itself ) within the range dates.

Is there a way to specify a range for submissions but for assignment instructions too?.

A workaround I have used: to use the Course Program block

Eduardo
Average of ratings: -