Safe mode

Safe mode

от Allyson Roberts -
Количество ответов: 6

Thank you all so far in helping me start to install. I'm not there yet, but getting there. Please STAY WITH ME until I'm successful.

One solution  to my previous problems was to move out of XP on my laptop and go to my PC with Windows 2000.

I have now been able to download PHP. Hurrah!!!! But  before I progress further, I note in the requirements

• GD library turned ON, with support for JPG and PNG formats
  • zlib library turned ON (if you want to use backup/restore on Windows)
  • Sessions support turned ON
  • File uploading turned ON
  • Safe Mode must be turned OFF (see the forums on moodle.org for problems caused by Safe Mode)

How do I do the above? Having down loaded PHP, can i go ahead with these settings now, or should I have done these BEFORE downloading PHP?

Allyson

В ответ на Allyson Roberts

Re: Safe mode

от koen roggemans -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Documentation writers Изображение пользователя Moodle HQ Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Plugin developers Изображение пользователя Translators

So you've downloaded easyphp ?

Installing it prepares your pc with Apache, Mysql and PHP.

The default settings of your php are ok. As far as I know, only the zlib-library will not function by default (for zipping/unzipping on your server -> backup/restore)

Once you've installed easyphp, create a new empty database using http://localhost/phpmyadmin in your browser, unzip your moodle zipfile in programfiles/easyphp/www and follow the regular installationguidelines

В ответ на koen roggemans

от Allyson Roberts -
Koen

I have been online today 7 hours trying to deal with Moodle adn 6 hours on saturday. Please can I pick up a phone line to someone who can talk me through this??

You suggest create a new empty database using http://localhost/phpmyadmin in your browser,

How do i do this? This link is not active.

unzip your moodle zipfile in programfiles/easyphp/www and follow the regular installationguidelines

i can't open any of the hundreds of Moodle files I now have on my computer. They are all NOT VALID. Win zip will not open them.

How do i switch Safe Mode to off? Is this the problem?

A phone, oh for a phone conversation.

Allyson

от Ralf Hilgenstock -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Translators

Hi Allyson,

if you are online go to the chat and we make the installation together

Choose on moodle-Using Moodle on the left side at activities chat and go into the chat

В ответ на Ralf Hilgenstock

от Allyson Roberts -

Ralf

A reply from the hopeful place of help. Yes. I'm just going back to my PC where I have downloaded PHP...... just a minute or two and I'll meet you in chat. Remember you will be talking to a real low tech learner улыбаюсь

Thank you so much

Allyson

от Ralf Hilgenstock -
Изображение пользователя Core developers Изображение пользователя Particularly helpful Moodlers Изображение пользователя Translators
В ответ на Ralf Hilgenstock

от Allyson Roberts -

Ralf

I'm on my way. I have to work from my PC and for some reason, when I was about to enter  the chat room, I was disconnected from my server. I'll stay here on my laptop but won't be able to try anything as  PHP is on  my PC.... but  lets see what happens .