1.0.8 issues

1.0.8 issues

by Abdul Rahman -
Number of replies: 2
I installed moodle 1.0.8 and would like to share the following experiences:

1. If you have an existing 1.0.7 installation, don't use the "mdl_" prefix in config.php. This creates an additional set of tables with the mdl_ extension and the system ignores your old tables, which emans all your settings are lost.

If that happens, drop all tables and reimport your old tables (you did back them up, didn't you?) and redo the admin thingy.

2. Martin - 1.0.8 is still not talking to the PostNuke member database. You did a wonderful job of hacking my 1.0.7 system, but the changes are not in 1.0.8

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Abdul Rahman

Re: 1.0.8 issues

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
No need to drop all your tables!!

Just remove the prefix from config.php and your system should go back to using the original tables!

I'll have a look at this Postnuke problem on your site ...
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: 1.0.8 issues

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The Postnuke problem was due to a bug in ADOdb - the workaround is a one-liner in auth/db/lib.php which I've added to CVS and 1.0.8.