Module limitations/issues

Module limitations/issues

by Matt Street -
Number of replies: 0
Sorry if I'm asking daft questions or ones that have been covered 100 times before, but I'm new to moodle and I've been asked to have a look at the Assignment Module in moodle 1.6 and 1.7 to see if either would be suitable to replace an existing in house assignment solution system. However, I have come across the following issues while reviewing the 2 versions and wondered if anyone could help me out a little!
  1. Moodle 1.7 dev (built 16th August)
    1. I can't view the course information/assignment as a student or as a teacher only as an administrator (the browser simply times out)! Does this sound like I've set something up wrongly or a bug in the latest build?
    2. As an admin I added 3 files to an assignment, then clicked remove, but it doesn't remove the files. . .is this on the to be fixed list?
    3. In the act box on the course description page, it says there i 1 assignment been submitted. I uploaded a file, but hadn't yet submitted it for marking, this seems a little misleading!
    4. When logged in as a student it tells me I don't have permission to see the admin's blog, even though as an admin I made it available to all.
    5. I have seen that students can now upload multiple files (something we definitely need), just to say that the description hasn't been added to the Assignment Type Description popup.
  2. Moodle 1.6
    1. As a student, if I resubmit my assignment it deletes the old file. Is this something that has been sorted in moodle 1.7? Or is there a plug-in to stop this?
    2. I submitted an assignment as a student, the teacher marked it, then it allowed me to resubmit an assignment. Is there a way of stopping this? I want to allow resubmission up till the point when feedback/grading is complete!
One final question. . .sorry. . .are there any plans to add in the ability for students to apply for extensions to the due date of an assignment?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give, in the meantime I will continue to have a play around!!!

Matt
Average of ratings: -