Progress of resubmissions

by Mat Cannings -
Number of replies: 2

I have just been approached by a lecturer within my college who has said that with the course he runs students are allowed to submit work get it marked with feedback and allowed to resubmit again and hopefully big grin gain a better grade. He is interested in using online submission but has said that he would need to be able to keep all versions of the work available with the feedback as they have to provide evidence to the exam board.

I have had a search and found this suggestion

Purpose: To provide evidence of assignment progress during a resubmission.

• Previous assignments are not overwritten
  • Teacher comments specific to file version
  • Teacher can delete previous uploads - student can't

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=22262

This post was from April 2005.

I have found a couple that allow resubmission but will overwrite files if they have the same name.

Has anyone created an assignment type like this already?

If not I am tempted to have a go as we are trying to get staff to use it and they currently seem more interested in what Moodle can't do. If anyone else is interested in this potential assignment type please let me know as this would give me the motivation to attempt it wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mat Cannings

Re: Progress of resubmissions

by A. T. Wyatt -
We would be interested!  (Go! Go!  Cheers!  Applause for your efforts!)

We have faculty members who would like to have versions--particularly with drafts of writing assignments--and history.

This also fits in conceptually with ideas we have for portfolios of student work.

atw
In reply to Mat Cannings

Re: Progress of resubmissions

by Steve Hyndman -

Matthew,

This would be an excellent and very useful module. If you do decide to have a go at creating it, you may want to take a look at ACollab...a module within ATutor (can also be run stand-alone) that does this. It may give you some ideas so you don't have to reinvent the entire wheel.

Steve