Count hits on my MOODLE site

Count hits on my MOODLE site

by fouzia imran -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I have recently deployed my MOODLE on production environmrnt and curious to know how many hits it receives every day

Any idea how can i achives this?

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to fouzia imran

Re: Count hits on my MOODLE site

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you are interested in hits, then using something like webalizer or awstats is the way to go.

If you are interested in student activity, then moodle's logs are what you are looking for.

Saludos. Iñaki.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by fouzia imran -

i have downloaded awstats but it says Awstats needs perl therefore i  downloaded Perl 5.8.8 for windows but now i am lost

Perl 5.8.8 doesnt have any setup file or instructions of how to use it

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Fouzia

In reply to fouzia imran

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The instructions you are looking for is probably about setting up Perl to perform CGI (common gateway interface), a way of getting perl to work with web requests. You may also need to set it up to work with your web server, there is a lot of information about Perl and Apache, possibly less about IIS. You may find some information about this on the at the activestate.com web site.

You might also like to consider a log analysis tool called analog http://www.analog.cx/ which may be easier to set up. I think analog has less pretty graphics that awstats but they still do the trick. Good luck.
In reply to fouzia imran

by Heather P -
Is the file named something ending in .msi ?
If yes then all I did was doucble click it.  Click Next, accept the terms, click next. I chose the default options of installing everything to c:\Perl\
Click Next, accept default. Click Next.
Click Install.
Click Finish
And that was all I did. Seems to work fine for me with nothing else to do to it.
Regards
Heather