JDBC requests problem in Apache JMeter

JDBC requests problem in Apache JMeter

by Noé Ortega Quijano -
Number of replies: 1
Hi moodlers,

I have installed Apache JMeter in order to test the performance of a moodle server. The Web Test runs with no problems. After some tests, I installed eAccelerator. It works very fine.

My problem is with the Database Test. It does not work well: the results of the test always go the limit configured by "Pool timeout" in the options of the JDBC requests. First of all, I realised that I had not placed the .jar needed, so I downloaded and copied mysql-connector-java.5.0.3-bin.jar both in lib and lib/ext folders of Java installation. However, it didn't work fine. The, I unziped all the archives of Connector J 5.0 inside lib and lib/etc folders. Nothing changed.

I'm almost sure the settings of DB user and DB location are correct. The requests that I am doing are "select * from mdl_course;" and "select * from mdl_course_categories;" (are they ok?)

Some ideas? Thank you very much...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Noé Ortega Quijano

Re: JDBC requests problem in Apache JMeter

by Noé Ortega Quijano -
Well, this is just a method to test the server under heavy loads.

What do you think is the best way to test the performance of a database server? Am I in the right way or not?

I guess that the SQL requests are the most important thing when we are working with Moodle, aren't they?