Problem adding questions as admin

Problem adding questions as admin

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Number of replies: 1

Hello People,

We are using Moodle 1.6 and we have two server: One for production and a special server for Development. Both server have the same files, but our production server is not working as it should.

Once you are in a course, and you want to add a question using the "admin" user account, the page can't be displayed (404 Not found). For example:

http://server/question/question.php?category=4&qtype=description

But if I log in as any teacher, I can do it, and if I use the "login as..." feature, and I take the role of any of my teachers, I can do it.

..but let's add some oddity: in our development server, admin user can create questions using its original role, in any course.

Could it be a permissions issue?. Any hint, idea...

Eduardo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Hernandez

Re: Problem adding questions as admin

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
That is really wheird. You seem to have tried all the obvious things to diagnose the problem, and come up with a set of symptoms that should be impossible.

Could you try turning on debug mode on your production server briefly (admin -> variables), and seeing if you get a more helpful error message.