What's wrong with LDAP enrolment in 1.6.1?

What's wrong with LDAP enrolment in 1.6.1?

by Michael Goncharenko -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Everyone,

I have just discovered a problem... We use Moodle with LDAP enrolments. When we used moodle 1.5.3, everything was fine. But recently I have updated to 1.6.1...

User is registered as a teacher in LDAP, but when he tries to access a course, Moodle offers to enrol him as a student to this course.

If user agrees, he enters the course and can modify it (so user really is a teacher of this course!). But now he is in the both course lists: as a student and as a teacher.

When I (powerful Administratorapprove) remove him from the list of students (he stays in the list of teachers), Moodle asks him to enrol again on the next user loginsad

Please help me understand, what's happening.

P.S. LDAP Enrolment plugin can not be set as default plugin! So default is Internal Enrolments (this plugin is used for interactive enrolment, as far as i understand).
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Goncharenko

Re: What's wrong with LDAP enrolment in 1.6.1?

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There is no such thing as a default plugin. With multi-enrolment, all the (configured) plugins are active at the same time.

There is a default interactive plugin, which is used when you need to ask interactively the user about enrolment (i.e., ask for confirmation, ask for paypal payment details, etc.). You can't set a non-interactive plugin (like LDAP) as the default interactive plugin, for obvious reasons smile

Maybe the wording in the enrolment admin page is not that clear about the difference smile

Saludos. Iñaki.