Unable to set up assignment tables on postgresql

Unable to set up assignment tables on postgresql

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Number of replies: 5
I am installing Moodle (1.1.1) on Postgresql and have run into problems with setting up the database tables.

I am getting the following errors:

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_assignment_id_seq" already exists . in /home/httpd/html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 477
ERROR: relation "mdl_assignment_id_seq" already exists : ERROR: relation "mdl_assignment_id_seq" already exists

Error

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_assignment_submissions_id_seq" already exists . in /home/httpd/html/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 477
ERROR: relation "mdl_assignment_submissions_id_seq" already exists : ERROR: relation "mdl_assignment_submissions_id_seq" already exists

Error

and "assignment tables could NOT be set up successfully!"

When I tried to move on, I looped back to the same page.

I haven't had such problems with mysql, but I am afraid I may have to work with postgresql now.

Any help will be welcome (this is urgent for me)
TIA
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: Unable to set up assignment tables on postgresql

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You might be better off starting again using a recent CVS version.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Is moodle_latest ok, too, or should I use cvs? (Never done it shy)

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
The latest is built from CVS automatically (so it's the same thing, basically).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Got the latest, but now I'm getting this at the top of the page:

Bad $rs in GetInsertSQL. Connection or SQL invalid. Try using $connection->debug=true;

Otherwise everything seems ok. The first set of tables have been set up correctly. Should I ignore the error message and continue?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Try adding

$db->debug = true;

at the bottom of lib/setup.php - it might give you some clues.