Exercise module add-on: Trivial FTP-problem (I guess)

Exercise module add-on: Trivial FTP-problem (I guess)

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

When moving my moodle-installation to a different server, I downloaded the moodledata-folder. Everything came down, except the files of the exercise-module. Only the filename was in the download, the actual files where empty.

I got a warning from my ftp-client (no access or file doesn't exist), so I used for that one course with exercises the build-in backupfunction.

filepermissions where 600 on the file, 777 on the parent folder(s). It's strange that it has a 600 permission isn't it?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to koen roggemans

Re: Exercise module add-on: Trivial FTP-problem (I guess)

by Allison Brice -

This is a rather old post, but since I deal with FTP and chmod all the time, I thought I would reply.

Yes.  Finding a 600 permission on a file/folder is strange.  Default is almost always 644 or 755; so finding a 600 will almost certainly mean the permissions were manually set.

In reply to Allison Brice

Re: Exercise module add-on: Trivial FTP-problem (I guess)

by Ray Kingdon -
Yes, that looks odd, on my server the directories are 0750 and the submitted files have 0777. The latter is a bit bizarre but the directory permissions guard against prying eyes.