Assignment Submissions

Assignment Submissions

by Julie Yandell -
Number of replies: 3
I need help. I am an English teacher and a new Moodle member. Is there a way that each of my students can submit a paper to me, I can edit and comment, and then send back to them so that they can complete and revise for their final copy? Ideally, they would submit their Word document and I would use "Track Changes" in Word. That way they could see ON their paper where I made corrections, suggestions, etc. So I would edit within Word...then send back to them. Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Julie Yandell

Re: Assignment Submissions

by Scott Elliott -
Julie,

You can use the Assignment module with the Upload file assignment type.  This should work exactly like you want.

I might also suggest that you try the Assignment module with the Online text assignment type.  This allows students to type their paper using the same interface as what we are using to type in this forum.  You can choose an option to allow the instructor to comment inline.  This is not as full featured as the Microsoft Word approach, but it will save you a lot of time because you won't be downloading their papers and uploading them when you are done.

Hope this helps!

Scott
In reply to Scott Elliott

by pete whitfield -
Type assignments online - yes Scott that's the shift we need I believe!  You almost mention it in passing.  Not only is the student's work in Moodle, rather than attached to Moodle, the tutor can review every step of his/her progress and feedback.  Can we start a campaign to never ask a student to write in ms word, ever again? 
Blogs (new in 1.6 I think?) make excellent research and report writing environments also.
In reply to pete whitfield

by Rob Monk -

What is wrong with using word? It is the one of the most powerful and certainly the most used writing tool on the planet. Why would be not use it.

How do I post an assignment in word on my moodle site so student can access it.

When I put it up as a resource I can access it perfectly but student are greeted with a pink "Access not allowed" message.