Incorrect Time Settings - Cannot Change

Incorrect Time Settings - Cannot Change

by Gain Oloya -
Number of replies: 2
Hi!

I've installed Moddle 1.54 on a Linux Mandrake 10.2 and installation was a breeze actually.  I have had no problems so far with the Site, its fast, its cool.

However I noticed that when I make posts, messages, even deadlines, the time used is incorrect.  I used the Local server time in the setting but still the time used by moodle is not the correct time. I double checked the server time, updated the time zones.  But no matter what time zone I use I still get the a time 8 hours more than our current time.

Can anyone help?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gain Oloya

Re: Incorrect Time Settings - Cannot Change

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Have you tried setting the timezone relative to GMT in the interface section of Administration >> Configuration >> Variables? Also, please check that the time isn't being overridden by the time setting in your profile.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Incorrect Time Settings - Cannot Change

by Gain Oloya -

Hi! So sorry we had a technical problem with our internet connection so it's only now that I can make a reply.

Yes I did try setting the time in the interface section of Administration >> Configuration >> Variables.  Yes I checked that the time isn't being overriden by the time setting in the profile. 

But still I get incorrect time display.  I plan to edit the hardcode myself but I still need to do a lot of exploring to find the file I need to edit. Now if you can point me to where I should start it would be a great help.

PS: I don't know if this info is needed: but I'm running moodle on an intranet (LAN).