NEW (DF)WIKI -REALEASE FOR 1.6

NEW (DF)WIKI -REALEASE FOR 1.6

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 42
Hi Moodlers,
I've just published in dfwiki home page a NEW WIKI new release with LOTS of new features... LOTS , LOTS LOTS, (votes, discussions, grades, import from dfwiki backups , wiki course etc )
This version IS NOT DFWIKI , it repleces the wiki module ( for good) and importa automatically all the (old)wikis , for dfwiki imports now we need to use the backup / export system but this week we'll release a version to convert the dfwikis into new wiki.
DFWiki users be carefull with upgadirng to 1.6 , make sure you backup all your dfwikis (course backup or dfwiki export). DFwiki does not get along very well with 1.6 ...  for 1.6 use new wiki instead.
So let's go bug hunting!!!!
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: NEW (DF)WIKI -REALEASE FOR 1.6

by N Hansen -
Thanks Ludo! I was just visiting your site last night looking for this, and didn't find it, but I see I was just a bit early. I will install this right away! Where do you want us to report any bugs?

by Juan Marín -
Wonderful!
I am going to install and give you feedback about Dfwikis import. I migrate to moodle 1.6 before to know  the  Dfwikis  problems with 1.6version -Without a previous backup sad(
I hope I could restore the Dfwiki contents.

by Juan Marín -
Problems with import feature.
Unfortunatelly I have only course backups for importing the dfWiki migrated to 1.6 (in 1.6 the export XMl feature doesn't work).
But Import from backup in NEW Wiki report this error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/mod/wiki/xml/importewiki.php on line 360

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/mod/wiki/xml/importewiki.php on line 360

In reply to Juan Marín

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Noted Juan, we will try to fix it , con you send me a backup file by mail so we can play with it?

by Saul Traiger -
I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but I'd love to know exactly where to put the dfwiki folders in the moodle hierarchy. Do I just put everything in  moodle/mod/dfwiki, or do I have to put the lang, course, etc. folders elsewhere?

Thanks,

Saul

by Chambrin Jean-Yves -
Hi,
Please, how i can  install new(DF)Wiki with Moodle 1.6
    I delete old
        /mod/wiki
       /course/wiki
       /blocks/...
    and I replace by new folders ?
Sory but I don't speak english.
JY

In reply to Chambrin Jean-Yves

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
I dont delete anything, I simply uncompress the tar.gz file into the moodle dir.

by Saul Traiger -
When I unzip the dfwiki_rev2006070300.zip archive, I see the following directories:

.settings
blocks
course
lang
mod

If I copied those directories directly into my moodle directory, I'd be overwriting existing directories on my linux server of the same name (e.g. /docs/moodle/blocks, etc.)

Saul
In reply to Saul Traiger

by Saul Traiger -
I figured it out. I added the contents of the archived blocks, course, etc. folders into the corresponding folders on my server. So it installed correctly and set up the db tables just fine.
However, now when I try to edit a wiki, it won't save the content. And when I create a new wiki page, I get the error:

The requested URL /mod/dfwiki/view.php was not found on this server.

However, I've checked, and the file, view.php is in /mod/dfwiki/.

Also, when I try to go to the dfwiki index, using the header navigation, I get:

"A required parameter was missing"

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Saul
In reply to Saul Traiger

by N Hansen -
You need to go to your modules administration page first, uninstall the existing wiki from there, delete the existing wiki folder from your mod folder and upload the new one (if you didn't do it in the first place, otherwise you can skip this step), and THEN visit the admin page again. The new wiki tables will not set up properly if you don't uninstall the old version first. I forgot myself and had the same problem as you originally but now it is working ok.

But also, are you sure you got the correct package? With 1.6 you should be using new wiki, not dfwiki. What I installed this morning was called wiki, not dfwiki.
In reply to N Hansen

by Chambrin Jean-Yves -
I have
  • install Moodle 1.6
  • uninstall Wiki
  • Delete moodle/mod/wiki
  • Decompress the new wiki : wiki_rev2006070300.zip in the Moodle folder
  • goto the admin page 
and after the tables install i have the same message:

Succès

Les tables du module wiki ont été installées correctement

Parse error
: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\Data\wampmss\www\moodle\mod\wiki\locallib.php on line 2063

Jean-Yves
In reply to Chambrin Jean-Yves

by N Hansen -
I didn't get this error. I looked at the code around line 2063 and there doesn't seem to be any extra } there. Did you remove the old version of the wiki before installing this one, in case that might have something to do with it?

And Ne, yes it was a bit sloppy but it definitely is improving and the wide range of features available seems wonderful. I'm just going to tweak a few things and am going to start using this with students right away. It might not be perfect yet but it definitely seems usable with this version.
In reply to N Hansen

by Chambrin Jean-Yves -
Yes I have uninstall wiki and delete the folder /mod/wiki before install the new wiki that i have get yesterday.
I work on XAMP on XP for testing
I use dfwiki on 1.5.3 on my server and it's very fine
Jean-Yves
In reply to N Hansen

by Saul Traiger -
Thanks for your help!  I had the wrong package. I cleaned the old stuff out, installed the (right) package, and everything works!

Thanks again!

In reply to Saul Traiger

by N Hansen -
I think all of us are doing the same thing-in our eagerness to try this we are forgetting to clean house first.  tongueout
In reply to N Hansen

by Ne Nashev -
I think that upgrade code can be written correctly to perform correctly upgrade from ewiki-wiki to dfwiki-wiki. But i hope it may be will be in future, for other peoples that will be upgrading not now?...

by Chambrin Jean-Yves -

I simply uncompress the .zip file and i obtain this

Parse error
: syntax error, unexpected '}' in C:\Data\wampmss\www\moodle\mod\wiki\locallib.php on line 2063

JY

by Ne Nashev -
Ya, ya... Like at all earlier times, new dfwiki release is too dirty release... %(
Very inaccuratly work...
In reply to Ne Nashev

by Matt Gibson -
After unzipping to main folder, logging in gives mostly successes, but with this error near the top:

(postgres7): CREATE INDEX mdl_wiki_course_idx ON mdl_dfwiki (course)  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_course_idx" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_course_idx" already exists

Error

and at the bottom, this:

Upgrading wiki from 2006042800 to 2006060701 FAILED!

When I press continue, I get this error on the next page:

(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_dfwiki ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, course integer NOT NULL default '0', name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', intro text, introformat int2 NOT NULL default '0', pagename varchar(255) default NULL, timemodified integer NOT NULL default '0', editable integer NOT NULL default '1', attach integer NOT NULL default '0', upload integer NOT NULL default '0', restore integer NOT NULL default '0', editor varchar(40) NOT NULL default 'dfwiki', groupmode integer NOT NULL default '0')  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_id_seq" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_id_seq" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE INDEX mdl_wiki_course_idx ON mdl_dfwiki (course)  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_course_idx" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_course_idx" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_dfwiki_block ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, name varchar(40) NOT NULL default '0', version integer NOT NULL default '0', cron integer default '0', lastcron integer NOT NULL default '0', visible integer NOT NULL default '1', multiple integer NOT NULL default '0')  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_block_id_seq" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_block_id_seq" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_dfwiki_block_instance ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, blockid integer NOT NULL default '0', pageid integer NOT NULL default '0', pagetype varchar(20) NOT NULL default '0', position varchar(10) NOT NULL default '0', weight integer NOT NULL default '0', visible integer NOT NULL default '0')  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_block_instance_id_seq" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_block_instance_id_seq" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_dfwiki_pages ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, pagename VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL, version INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', content TEXT, author VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT 'dfwiki', userid INTEGER DEFAULT 0, created INTEGER DEFAULT '0', lastmodified INTEGER DEFAULT 0, refs TEXT, hits INTEGER DEFAULT '0', editable integer NOT NULL default '1', dfwiki integer NOT NULL default '0', editor varchar(40) NOT NULL default 'dfwiki', groupid integer NOT NULL default '0')  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_pages_id_seq" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_pages_id_seq" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wiki_pages_uk ON mdl_dfwiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid)  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_pages_uk" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_pages_uk" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_dfwiki_synonymous ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, syn VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL default '', original VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL default '0', dfwiki integer UNIQUE NOT NULL default '0', groupid integer NOT NULL default '0', userid integer NOT NULL default '0')  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_synonymous_id_seq" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_dfwiki_synonymous_id_seq" already exists

Error

(postgres7): CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wiki_synonymous_uk ON mdl_dfwiki_synonymous (syn, dfwiki, groupid, userid)  

Warning: pg_exec(): Query failed: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_synonymous_uk" already exists in /var/www/psychunicode/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-postgres64.inc.php on line 766
-1: ERROR: relation "mdl_wiki_synonymous_uk" already exists

Error

This page repeats every time I press 'continue', making it impossible to log in to the site, so I've deleted the module.

Obviously, I'm using postgres so this may not be helping smile

Matt

In reply to Matt Gibson

by N Hansen -
Before installing this new wiki, uninstall the wiki that is there first. Go to your admin config->modules page and click to delete the wiki that is there. This is a separate step from removing the wiki folder from the mod folder. You need also to delete the existing wiki tables (I am assuming your wiki has no content previously), which is what "delete" on the config modules page does. This must be done first or the new wiki won't configure the database correctly even if you install the wiki files in the right places.

In reply to N Hansen

by Reijo Rasinkangas -
Actually I had a bit similar error messages, although I
  1. downloaded and installed today's Moodle version,
  2. removed mod/wiki -folder,
  3. downloaded and unzipped new wiki, and
  4. deleted old moodle (postgreSQL) database and recreated it, making thus sure that there were no old data there anymore
When the browser activates the configuration, I get first error messages (shown below) indicating problems that do not relate to old tables, although later on there are relation "mdl_wiki" already exists -complaints. Syntax error: looks like a bug?

I got Fedora Core 5 with its default software versions.

################################################
(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_wiki_pages ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, pagename VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL, version INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', content TEXT, author VARCHAR(100) DEFAULT 'dfwiki', userid INTEGER DEFAULT 0, created INTEGER DEFAULT '0', lastmodified INTEGER DEFAULT 0, refs TEXT, hits INTEGER DEFAULT '0', votes INTEGER NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', editable integer NOT NULL default '1', highlight tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', dfwiki integer NOT NULL default '0', editor varchar(40) NOT NULL default 'dfwiki', groupid integer NOT NULL default '0', evaluation MEDIUMTEXT default NULL)   -1: ERROR: syntax error at or near "(" at character 410

ADOConnection._Execute(CREATE TABLE mdl_wiki_pages (  id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,  pagename VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL,  version INTEGER  NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',  ..., false) % line  853, file: adodb.inc.php
      ADOConnection.Execute(CREATE TABLE mdl_wiki_pages (  id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,  pagename VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL,  version INTEGER  NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',  ...) % line   49, file: datalib.php
   execute_sql(CREATE TABLE mdl_wiki_pages (  id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,  pagename VARCHAR(160) NOT NULL,  version INTEGER  NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',  ...) % line  193, file: datalib.php
modify_database(/data/web/moodle/mod/wiki/db/postgres7.sql) % line  224, file: adminlib.php
upgrade_activity_modules(http://myserver.oulu.fi/moodle/admin/index.php) % line  228, file: index.php

Error

(postgres7): CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wiki_pages_uk ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid)   -1: ERROR: syntax error at or near "(" at character 410

ADOConnection._Execute(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wiki_pages_uk ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid) , false) % line  853, file: adodb.inc.php
      ADOConnection.Execute(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wiki_pages_uk ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid) ) % line   49, file: datalib.php
   execute_sql(CREATE UNIQUE INDEX mdl_wiki_pages_uk ON mdl_wiki_pages (pagename, version, dfwiki, groupid, userid) ) % line  193, file: datalib.php
modify_database(/data/web/moodle/mod/wiki/db/postgres7.sql) % line  224, file: adminlib.php
upgrade_activity_modules(http://myserver.oulu.fi/moodle/admin/index.php) % line  228, file: index.php

Error

################################################

In reply to Reijo Rasinkangas

by N Hansen -
You don't delete the database. You go to your admin page, and then to the module configuration page, and click on "delete" next to the wiki module. The goal is not to delete the data in the database only, but to delete the tables themselves.
In reply to N Hansen

Vast: Re: NEW (DF)WIKI -REALEASE FOR 1.6

by Reijo Rasinkangas -
No, my point was that, after deleting tables with the configuration tool and still having problems, using a big hammer like database deletion didn't change the situation. Anyhow, trying to give the offending command inside postgreSQL shows that new wiki is using data types (tinyint(1), mediumtext) not recognized by postgreSQL 8.1.4 that comes with FC5.

Although this is different problem than the one described above, it ends up having error messages later that could be confused with the situation where one has old database tables interfering with the installation.

Vast: Re: NEW (DF)WIKI -REALEASE FOR 1.6

by Reijo Rasinkangas -
Okei, the thing is that we should not even try to use new wiki with PostgreSQL. They don't even test the code with it yet. That is why we get errors from faulty commands like

(postgres7): CREATE TABLE mdl_wiki ( id SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, course integer NOT NULL default '0', name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', intro text, introformat int2 NOT NULL default '0', pagename varchar(255) default NULL, timemodified integer NOT NULL default '0', editable integer NOT NULL default '1', attach integer NOT NULL default '0', upload integer NOT NULL default '0', restore integer NOT NULL default '0', editor varchar(40) NOT NULL default 'dfwiki', groupmode integer NOT NULL default '0', teacherdiscussion integer NOT NULL default '0', studentdiscussion integer NOT NULL default '0', evaluation varchar(40) default 'noeval', notetype varchar(40) default 'quant' votemode integer NOT NULL default '0',)

Note the last comma that should be before votemode.

Re: Vast: Re: NEW (DF)WIKI -REALEASE FOR 1.6

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thank you for  the bug report,
in the next release will be fixed. Unfortunately our postgresql tester is on vacation, but any help is most wellcome.
I take you don't need help to place the coma.
Ludo out

by N Hansen -
Hi Ludo-I've been playing with the wiki, mostly with the blocks at this point. I haven't found any critical bugs yet, but some small things, particularly with Moodle consistency and overall appearance/usability. Here's a summary:
  • Language: There are a lot of language strings missing from en_utf8. Since you developed this in Catalan, I would assume the strings exist there but for people to translate this into other languages, it is crucial you get the strings into en_utf8. Also, grammar and spelling in English could use a lot of improvement. I'd try my hand at it myself but I think the best would be if you could find someone who is fluent in Catalan and English who could make sure that the English translations reflect the original Catalan.
  • Wiki Syntax: I love the fact that the HTML editor can be used in the wiki. This reduces the need for students to know wiki syntax. It would be nice though if there were a help item that would explain what wiki tags are necessary to use in the wiki. I found to make links I needed to use [[]], but I wonder if there is anything else or if the editor itself can do the rest.
  • Editor Choice: It would be helpful if in addition to allowing the teacher to set the default editor method, there was an option to make that the only option available to students. I don't want them using anything but the HTML editor but the only way I can do that now is to hack out the choice.
  • Vote: I see this button that says vote on it appearing on every page that does nothing and I have no clue why it is there.
  • Index Block: This is the first block I installed on my site. I was not at all happy with the appearance of the menu items with the 20 character truncation. I upped the truncation to a number that wouldn't produce any ... for the pages I want to include in it. But that made the Index Block too wide. Therefore, I removed the "nowrap" and it looks much better. My suggestion: Make the character truncation a configurable number and get rid of the nowrap.
  • Last Updates (better to call it "Latest Updates" in English): First of all, to be consistent with the Latest Activity Block in Moodle, you might want to list the items from oldest to newest. I didn't like the numbers next to the items, so I removed them, and to distinguish the items from one another instead, I added two breaks between them. I also did the same with the truncation and the nowrap as in the index block. The image at 20 pixels is inconsistent with the tiny pics used for example in the online users block so I changed the size to 16 pixels. I changed the false to true so that the student's name is shown alongside their image since I think that is important. In fact, I would rather remove the image altogether but that isn't an option the way the function is written. The date format wasn't precise enough either. We would all hope our students would be adding more frequently to the wiki so I changed the date format to something more suitable. In reality, it would be best of all I think if the format of the entries in this block matched those in the Latest Activity block. In any case, here's the changed code if you want to see what I have done:
<td>
                        <a href="'.$CFG->wwwroot.'/mod/'.$modname.'/view.php?id='.$cm->id.'&amp;page='.$page.'" title="'.$page.'">'.$this->trim_string($page,50).'</a>&nbsp;
                        <small>'.strftime('%d %b, %I:%M %p',$pageinfo->lastmodified).' by </small>
                        '.wiki_get_user_info($pageinfo->author,16,true).'
                        <br><br>
                    </td>
In reply to N Hansen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Nicole,
thank you for your analisys I'm comenting each point:
  • Language: You're completelly rigth. Pigui Just sended me the lang life for the lang/en_utf dir (here ateched) I'm asking for help in the catalan course for linguistic assitance.
  • Wiki Syntax: Here I must call for help, we had a language dexcription in the crash test dfwiki that crashed ... does anybody had a copy of the page in their own system?  black eye
  • Editor Choice: Added to the list
  • Vote: There is a block for the most voted pages.
  • Index Block: Some wiki users create pages with laaarge names ... I asked for the name trucation in this block... We'll consider your suggestion
  • Last Updates (better to call it "Latest Updates" in English): NOTED

Thanks again for the tips
Ludo

by N Hansen -
Another thing about the index block that I forgot to mention (and it is probably the biggest annoyance for me of all). I've got three levels to my wiki pages. I don't like the way it automatically shows all the third (lowest) level pages when I am at a third level page. A wiki could have many many pages (mine has maybe 100 at this level) and this index gets too long. It would be better if the student had complete control of the index tree. They can open what they want and close what they want and it remembers the state from page to page for that student (at least for that session).

But if I don't have the vote block implemented nor evaluations allowed, then why does the button show up? Especially since I have my wiki set to noeval, this button serves no purpose. As far as I can tell, this button should only be shown if evaluations are allowed.
In reply to N Hansen

by Ne Nashev -
About index: You can don't use this block. There are exists a relative index, it can be more useful in your case... Or may be to use only links at page body and navigatiuon tab - without any index blocks...
In reply to N Hansen

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Yes,
the vote button should disapear. We have planned a new release for tomnorrow fixing some bugs and features.
Ludo out

by Chris Liang-Vergara -
Hey hey-

So I just put in the new wiki and all the headers have double brackets around them.  For example:

firstpage

anothereditor ewiki htmleditor

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  Thanks-
In reply to Chris Liang-Vergara

by Hugh Morrow -
Chris,

You've probably solved the problem by now, but if not I've just found that the culprit is a the lang file ... in my case it wasn't being replaced when I unzipped the wiki archive to install it and as a result the old wiki.php file was in use ... which wasn't really of any use! Manually delete the old wiki.php file and copy in the new wiki.php file and you should be all ok.

Cheers,

Hugh

by Mike Strong -
I really wish you hadn't organized this beta release to REPLACE the existing wiki module in moodle.  We love that dfwiki has the potential to eventually replace and become the production wiki in moodle, but the code needs lots of testing still.  I can't tell you how many problems I've had due to this code!

Cheers.
In reply to Mike Strong

by N Hansen -
But you don't have to replace it now. The standard wiki still works and if you don't want to use this new version you don't have to do so. For me, the standard wiki makes absolutely no sense at all structurally and I couldn't even begin to understand it whereas this new wiki, while still a bit rough, is infinitely more intuitive in its design. And this is new code released today, so perhaps the some of the infinite problems you have had have been fixed.

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Good Morning!
I've been reading all the posts and Id' like to sort things a litle.
This version of New Wiki incorporates (as I said ) LOTS  of new fetures that has not been deeply tested. that's why is not the standard wiki yet ( in we had a lockd version, no new fetures, to be candidade to standard but when martin locked 1.6 I decided to move on and include the new stuff we are developing).
The developers are a team of STUDENTS with great skill but they are still gaining experience ( right now the initial developers david and ferran are hired by ouruniversity customizing the moodle production site http://atenea.upc.edu ).
We have deeply tested this version on our servers, but there are so many scenarios (previous versions installed, database server, moodle version, old wikis to import, and lots of moodle 1.6 core issues that change from day to day and makes it crack )

For me the most important is NOT TO LOOSE THE DATA,  so please all of you who atempt to install new versions of new wiki and dfwiki make backups or exports of your wikis. We are rigth now working in the backups / restore engines of both versions. Due a some librarys in 1.6 current dfwiki backup/export does not work in 1.6, we are working on it.
Those who have backups that you're not able to import please send the zip.files to me ( If the content can be seen of course) and we'll use it as a test case.

Quality comes from testing and hard work. If installation of this version causes inconvinicence. We thank you for all the feedback and suport.

Ludo out

SETTED UP A WIKI TO CREATE ONLINE MANUAL

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi,
I had a crash test dfwiki set up for documentation and troubleshooting, with installation instructions.
Playing with less stable versions that the one has been released I crashed my own wiki dead and I lost the information.
I've set up a new wiki for all of us to place questions, and collaborate with installation tips and so on. All the help with documentation will be most welcome, because as you may suppose we are very busy fixing bugs.
http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle16/mod/wiki/view.php?id=15
Cheers
Ludo

by Juan Marín -
First of all, Thank You for the new Wiki version. It seems really impresive.
An now, my personal wish list (if you consider appropriate add it to the ToDo list. Some things I posted previously wink):
  • Export to PDF (or something like this). If I export a page written in spanish to HTML, when my moodle has been migrated to UTF-8, the page exported is unreadable in windows computers (á, é,..,ú, ñ... are replaced for a extrange symbols smile). If PDF is not possible, at least, convert HTML pages to Iso-Latin.
  • clone the wikimedia sub edit-feature (it is very useful for long pages). for example:
[edit]

System Development Lifecycle

[edit]

bla, bla, bla

Analysis

bla, bla, bla

[edit]

Entity-Relationship Diagrams

[edit]

Design

In reply to Juan Marín

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Juan,

Export to pdf was one of the projects we wanted to do, but the guy who had to do it dissapeared from DFWikiTeam without saying "good bye".

I supose that Marc will find somebody to implement this operation in september.

Sub-edit feature would be great, I don't know if it will be implemented. Marc take this kind of decisions. I take note.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui.
In reply to Juan Marín

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI Juan,
one of my goals the next semester is to engage in a complete renewal of the dfwiki parser to meet (almost) mediawiki (wikipedia's) functionalities. I'm also willing to retake the exploration of the export features (wich I left when we started to erase the d and the f )
We are working on all the bugs reported and specially in some trouble that meets the parser (weird things that happen, tags disapear and so on ) caused by our unexpertise in the use of the optional_param function that is so secure that does not allow us to do anything... Skodak  has promised me a user_manual...
I really hope this month we'll achieve a very stable version... (next one we are on vacation ) ..
Ludo out

by Juan Marín -
One more time WONDERFUL!  approve and Thank you.
Probably we meet more times in this forums before august but I think that dfWikiTeam is gaining a good vacations: great Job Boys.

by Melissa Fernandez -
Just installed the new DFWiki release and am looking forward to spending some time playing with it.  Noticed a few things though that concerned me...on my blocks page i see the following...blocks_index_current have i missed a language file somewhere along the way?  If not under which language file should i add an entry for blocks_index_current?  Thanks for the help.