New wiki ... version 2006-07-14 NEW bugs: blocks don't work properly

New wiki ... version 2006-07-14 NEW bugs: blocks don't work properly

by Juan Marín -
Number of replies: 6
I have reply to Ludo (New wiki ... version 2006-07-14 fixing bugs reported)
but now I add some additional information about the bug.
My moodle installation was 1.6 beta 5 with New Wiki (I'm not sure if 20060420 or 20060703). I upgrade Today to Wiki 20060714. When I run moodle the upgrade page stops without finish (appear 3 success messages but no "continue" button). I notice that Admin link doesn't work (blank page) and that I couldn't edit the Blocks. If I turn edition On in the courses, I couldn't add o modify the blocks showed: Not appear the "add block" menu list). And some blocks work in a extrange way.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Marín

Re: New wiki ... version 2006-07-14 NEW bugs: blocks don't work properly

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Juan,

few weeks ago I had the same problem with the admin page. I can't remember how I solved... sad. This problem may be an error during installation becouse I haven't seen it again.

I'll try reproduce it. I'll take a look to your backup too.

DFWikiTeam, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Juan Marín -
There are any risk (loss wiki contents) if I Downgrade to previosus version and try to upgrade once again? Wich version to downgrade (20060703 or 20060420)? It is possible to download (sometimes I saw a error message when I tray to overwrite niew files with old files)

That is, If I extract version wiki_rev2006070300.zip directly in Moodle/ (overwriting the 20060714),  would it restore the proper work of blocks? (if the upgrade has changed some tables or propierties I'm not sure that downgrade solve the bug)?
Then I could try to upgrade once again to see if the installation error was by chance or if it is a sistematic bug.
Is this a good procedure or I better wait to other proposals?
In reply to Juan Marín

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Juan,
before making any upgrade you need to backup your system , both database and filesystem. In addition you should use the admin block export function and get the wiki in xml format. If you have this file you'll loose nothing.
Regards
Ludo
In reply to Juan Marín

by Hugh Morrow -
I too have this problem ... a fresh install of Moodle 1.6.1 with wiki_rev2006071401 and there are no blocks on the wiki pages. The blocks work everywhere else.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
In reply to Hugh Morrow

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Hugh,
I think you need to enable blocks on activity modules in the admin site settings.
Tell me how did it go.
Cheers
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Hugh Morrow -

Oh, how simple!

You are correct and I'm sorry for any implication that the new wiki had a bug.

Keep up the great work,

Hugh

PS for those that run into this problem, make sure that the 'showblocksonmodpages' variable is set to 'yes' on the 'variables' configuration page.