Importing a dfwiki into the new Wiki module

Importing a dfwiki into the new Wiki module

by Jamey Barber -
Number of replies: 2
I recently upgraded to  Moodle 1.6 from 1.5.3 and was using dfwiki for an important project.  Unfortunately I lost the last version of all of the wiki pages. I do have the first version. I checked all my backups and they will not restore.  When I try to enter something on a dfwiki page now it does not save it (yes I clicked on the save button).  The changes are nowhere to be found.  IShould I wait for the new dfwiki to come out orr my other question is:

How can I import the dfwikis into the wiki 1.6 module.  I see how to export the dfwikis into html or xml, but cannot find anywhere in wikis to import these files.  Please Help!  If my Head of School finds out, I am in BIG TROUBLE.

Thanks,

Jamey Barber
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamey Barber

Re: Importing a dfwiki into the new Wiki module

by Juan Marín -
The DFwiki module have problems with 1.6 in linux servers (I have two moodle 1.6 installations. One in a windows server and another in a Linux-ubuntu server). DfWikis funtions pretty well in windows server but I experience the same problem that you related in the linux server (and more, because I couldn't use any "administrative toool").

The Wiki development team knows this issues and it is working to fix it (they annunce a new release for this week). But take note: dfWiki module for 1.6 will be named WIKI (that is, the standard Wiki Module for 1.6 will be a versión of DfWiki named only Wiki). Probably sounds a bit conffusing, mainly if the present 1.6 download comes with a wiki that is the old wiki.

You have some related issues in:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=47650
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=47024

In reply to Jamey Barber

Re: Importing a dfwiki into the new Wiki module

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi Jamey,
we know about all these problems. Today we are testing the last version of dfwiki and new wiki to be released next monday. If you have got backups of your dfwikis we'll be able to import it in dfwiki either in new wiki, however we suggest you install new wiki in 1.6. Now please wait untill monday. If with mondays version you're not able to get back your wikis, please send me the backups and we'll try to fix the import export mechanism.
Holds on just a lilte more, I' dont want to release the next version untill I've made some testing, anyway there will be bugs dead but we'll be here to fix them fiercelly!
Ludo