Surely I'm not the first person who will be developing tests for Moodle.
Is there a test suite for developers that I can obtain somewhere?
If not, does anyone have comments to make about the best way to start creating a common test suite? I've never done QA engineering before (so be warned), but here are a few thoughts to get things started:
- develop the test suite under /contrib/developers_tests
- develop a parent class ("devtest"?) under which individual [sets of] tests are then loaded as sub-classes
- individual [sets of] test sub-classes should be located in /contrib/developers_tests/tests (or something like that)
- going to http://your-dev-moodle.com/devtest (or something like that) should bring up a page from which you can select tests to run
- we should probably have some sort of "grading" or "grouping" mechanism so that tests can be selected as predetermined groups, e.g.:
- Base Tests
- User Interface Tests (should include descriptions of intended appearance of UI elements)
- Database Tests
- Library API Tests
- each test should identify the minimum and maximum Moodle versions it's known to test correctly