Is there a backup and restore or question problem with 1.6 beta 4?

Is there a backup and restore or question problem with 1.6 beta 4?

by David Brighton -
Number of replies: 2

Just wondering whether this is a local or general problem. Using the default backup settings I get an error trying to back up a well populated course, it fails with the Wiki and then no file seems to be created. A course with virtually no content gets backed up. When I try to restore a course from 1.5.3+ it fails as well with error:

Creating categories and questions
  • Category "tech"

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/27/d79953842/htdocs/scanar/moodlebeta/question/restorelib.php on line 269

I would like to move on to a newer beta but would ideally like to be able to backup what I have done so far on this version.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Brighton

Re: Is there a backup and restore or question problem with 1.6 beta 4?

by David Brighton -
Well, my answer would continue to be 'yes'. I have now updated from beta 4 to beta 5 hoping that would fix it. I would tell you the version, but I am getting a page error for the admin section after having downloaded and updated using todays version of the 1.6 beta. I am now getting a 500 error on moodleroot/admin/index.php and from the admin link, although I can get to the configuration page. The backup says it has a wiki error, continues, says it is zipping but stalls there, does not create the zip file or show the continue link. How do I go about raising this as a bug?