Examview

Examview

by D G -
Number of replies: 2
I've been reading how people have exported quizes from ExamView into the Blackboard format and imported them sucessfully into Moodle... unfortunatly the version of ExamView I have here is 3.5 so it only exports as rich text, XML, or .bnk (apparently 3.6 was the earliest which would export to blackboard, and the version 4 demo doesn't allow you to export :/ ).

Obviously the best long term solution would be to create the XML format in moodle so they can be inported correctly, however my wife was hoping to use the question banks she received for her textbook ASAP. Would anyone with ExamView 3.6 or higher be willing to spend a little time converting some question banks for us?

Thanks,

DG

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D G

Re: Examview

by Elizabeth Lewis -

DG,

Did you ever have any success with this?  I have a few question bank CD's done with examview 3.5 that I would like to import.

In reply to Elizabeth Lewis

Re: Examview

by Bryan Ross -

I actually just did this for a recent exam for my students. I exported the questions to RTF so I could open them in MS Word. I exported all the questions. I then deleted the questions that I didn't want. The questions from the examview test bank come out like:

8. The __________, or typeface, defines the appearance and shape of letters, numbers, and special characters.

a.

font

c.

point

b.

font size

d.

paragraph formatting

AN S: A REF: WD 1.19

So I changed them to:

The __________, or typeface, defines the appearance and shape of letters, numbers, and special characters.
A. font
B. font size
C. point
D. paragraph formatting
ANSWER: A

It is a lot of copy and paste, but once you get it in the right format it is easy to import using AIKEN format.  Plus, if you save the file, you have a backup of your questions (which I have learned the hard way, is a good idea). 

Don't know if that helps ya, but that is how I did it.

Bryan