Missing pics in a multiple choice question

Missing pics in a multiple choice question

by nick mleczko -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I've uploaded a couple of images to use in a quiz.

I've added them to the the quiz but when I preview the quiz or when I login as a student the pictures don't appear.  The path to the missing pics is something like

//serverpath/program.php/quiz number/question number/images/imagename.jpg

this folder didn't exist and even after I've created it and populated with the appropriate images the quiz still wouldn't display the graphics.

What's the prob? can I have just one directory somewhere where all the images are stored together for starters? and if not how can I make this work?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to nick mleczko

Re: Missing pics in a multiple choice question

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What question type did you add the pictures to? How exactly did you "add the pictures to the quiz" ?
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by nick mleczko -

Joseph,

I've added the pics to the course and then created a multiple choice question.  When creating you get an option to add the pics to the question from a drop-down box.  the file names appeared in the box however didin't display when previewing or taking the quiz

N

In reply to nick mleczko

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nick,

No idea what the problem might be. This works very well for me. Which Moodle version are you using? A workaround would be to insert the picture in your Question introduction text (by clicking on the Insert Image icon in the HTML editor).

Joseph