Quiz says "To do" even though the activity is completed

Quiz says "To do" even though the activity is completed

by Jack Finan -
Number of replies: 5

I have an issue where quiz activities are still showing "To do" instead of "Done" after the completion conditions have been met. The next activity in the course is access restricted based on completion of the quiz. This is working as expected and the next activity is unlocked when the quiz is completed. The activity completion report also shows that the quiz is complete.

image%20%281%29.png

image%20%282%29.png

I have created a test course on another instance of moodle with the same versions of everything, and identical course settings and activity settings. This version shows "Done".

image%20%283%29.png

Moodle 4.3+ (Build: 20231201)

CentOS Stream 9

Nginx 1.20.1

MySQL 8.0.36

PHP 8.0.30

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Finan

Re: Quiz says "To do" even though the activity is completed

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Can you or your admin go to Site administration > Server > Scheduled tasks and check the task Calculate completion data. This should ideally be once a minute.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jack Finan -
Yes it's every minute
In reply to Jack Finan

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Suggest setting the path to php-cli and then going to the task list where there should appear a 'run now' link for the task.  Click 'run now'.

I have a CentOS 9 Stream server and there is a lot of 'churn' with updates to the distro every week that require reboot of server.  While I haven't seen the issue you are seeing, can guess with the frequency of the 'churn',  the cron job and thus related task could get interrupted frequently thus throwing the timing off.

Also, surely you have CLI access to server ... when was the last time you did a dnf check-update?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Jack Finan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
There have been - and are - several tracker issues relating to this occurrence - might be worth searching the tracker to see if your version is affected. Here is one example -fixed in 4.3.1 https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-79726
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jack Finan -
The instance with the issue is on version 4.3.0 and the one where it's working is version 4.3.5, so it seems like this is the cause. Thanks