How to find a link to specific topic within course?

Re: How to find a link to specific topic within course?

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
OK permalinks to topic sections came in Moodle 4.2. (By the way the School demo site is on 4.4 not 4.3.) I assume your site is on 3.11 (not 3.1)
In Moodle 3.11 you can add a Section links block and get the section links from it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Are you all talking about links like mysite/course/view.php?id=684#section-2? I was going to say that such links took me to section 2 of course 684 as long as I can remember.

Now I checked the Mount Orange School. There the sections have links like mysite/course/section.php?id=550. Seriously? Do you really mean since 4.2 or later the mysite/course/view.php?id=684#section-2 is passé?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It's not passé as such - Helen added a note in the 4.4 Upgrading notes - the bit about Course section pages:

A new section page displays the contents of an individual course section. Section names in the course page link to section pages. Any manually added section links of the form course/view.php?id=xx#section-z will continue working, linking to course page anchors.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Eric Eric -
I know what section link mean, but not what I want, since I cannot insert a link into specific location, maybe, I need to wait for upgrade into 4.3 or 4.4, in order to solve this issue using permalink,
Thanks everyone