How to find a link to specific topic within course?

Re: How to find a link to specific topic within course?

Mary Cooch -
回帖数:3
Documentation writers的头像 Moodle HQ的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像
OK permalinks to topic sections came in Moodle 4.2. (By the way the School demo site is on 4.4 not 4.3.) I assume your site is on 3.11 (not 3.1)
In Moodle 3.11 you can add a Section links block and get the section links from it.
回复Mary Cooch

Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Translators的头像
Are you all talking about links like mysite/course/view.php?id=684#section-2? I was going to say that such links took me to section 2 of course 684 as long as I can remember.

Now I checked the Mount Orange School. There the sections have links like mysite/course/section.php?id=550. Seriously? Do you really mean since 4.2 or later the mysite/course/view.php?id=684#section-2 is passé?
回复Visvanath Ratnaweera

Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers的头像 Moodle HQ的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像
It's not passé as such - Helen added a note in the 4.4 Upgrading notes - the bit about Course section pages:

A new section page displays the contents of an individual course section. Section names in the course page link to section pages. Any manually added section links of the form course/view.php?id=xx#section-z will continue working, linking to course page anchors.

回复Mary Cooch

Eric Eric -
I know what section link mean, but not what I want, since I cannot insert a link into specific location, maybe, I need to wait for upgrade into 4.3 or 4.4, in order to solve this issue using permalink,
Thanks everyone