Course Activity Completion Conditions

Course Activity Completion Conditions

by Mike Smith -
Number of replies: 4
Dear Moodle Experts,

In the below screenshot, I have checkmarked the below points,

1. Student must view this activity to complete it.
  2. Student must receive a grade to complete this activity.
  3. Student must submit to this activity to complete it
And I also set the Expected completed on to April 22nd 2024 at 8:00AM.

My question is does it mean this activity will be marked Completed if all Points 1, 2 and 3 above are completed before April 22nd 2024 at 8:00AM?

Activity Completion Conditions

Thanks!

Mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Smith

Re: Course Activity Completion Conditions

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Ok so.. the Expect completed on feature doesn't actually do anything except if you set it then the date will appear in the timeline on the Dashboard. It is not connected to when they complete the activity - ie- they can complete it after that date or before. I would suggest not to bother with "Require view" because if you have to submit and receive a grade then obviously you have to to view the activity, so it is superfluous.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mike Smith -
Dear Mary,

Thank you for clarifying the expected completion date. Could you answer my original question?

My question is does it mean this activity will be marked Completed if all Points 1, 2 and 3 above are completed before April 22nd 2024 at 8:00AM?

Is it a Yes or a No ?

In reply to Mike Smith

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes.
But also if all points are completed after April 22nd.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mike Smith -
Dear Mary,

Thank you. For April 22nd, I needed that Expected Completed On because of a plugin that needs to use that field.

I have set this quiz's Restrict access' Until date to April 22nd so this why, the students cannot open this quiz activity so we know who haven't done the quiz by April 22nd.

Thank you again!

Mike