Can a plugin developer use AMOS scripts?

Can a plugin developer use AMOS scripts?

by Renaat Debleu -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
With an AMOS script, you can do bulk operations over language packages. You can copy or move language strings, or even convert legacy HTML help files to strings.

I maintain a plugin that is using some language strings from another (soon to be deprecated) plugin. When I copy the strings using an AMOS script, the language maintainers will have less work to do.

I tried already to copy one string, but for the moment I do not see results in AMOS. Are AMOS scripts working for plugin developers or how long do I have to wait till the changes pop up?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Renaat Debleu

Re: Can a plugin developer use AMOS scripts?

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
unfortunately not.

AMOS integrates with the Plugins directory - so when you push a new version of your plugin to the moodle.org plugins db, AMOS gets sent a copy of the new lang file at that point, allowing it to load any new strings. AMOS isn't able to pull code directly from your github repo.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)