Plugin files missing

Plugin files missing

by Mohamed Hamza Falih -
Number of replies: 4
Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing great.

I am using a 4.3+ Moodle version hosted locally on my computer using WAMP.

I wanted to upgrade a self-developped plugin by adding some images (png files in the pix folder of the plugin).

However, after installing the plugin, I noticed that the server couldn't find those images (The requested URL was not found on this server)  even though they are clearly there if I navigate in the files of my installed plugin in the Moodle directory.

Can you please help me solve this problem ?

I am available if further information is needed to investigate.

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohamed Hamza Falih

Re: Plugin files missing

by Gregor McNish -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
You might try clearing caches? Especially if the images are coming in with javascript.
I’d use the browser development tools to see the url which is trying to load the image, and make sure it works there.
In reply to Gregor McNish

by Mohamed Hamza Falih -
Hello,
First of all, thank you for your answer.
I tried clearing Moodle cache and even the browser cache but it didn't solve anything (the new images I added in the pix folder of the plugin I installed were still not found by the server). The images are indeed being called up with JavaScript.
The URLs are correct, it's just that the server can't find them.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mohamed Hamza Falih

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I would check permissions on your plugin folders - are the folders and files owned by webserver and does the webserver have read/execute permissions?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Mohamed Hamza Falih -
You are maybe right, I will check this and see if it solves the problem. Thank you for your advice.