installing moodle 4.2 on local ventura looks distorted

installing moodle 4.2 on local ventura looks distorted

by Reefo Relaxo -
Number of replies: 6
Hi, I'm not sure does the installation looks like this, 
checked the permissions and ownerships, all the same. I'm not sure about the session error>

Can somebody help me what I'm missing ? Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Reefo Relaxo

Re: installing moodle 4.2 on local ventura looks distorted

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Either your browser cannot load the page's CSS and JavaScript from your web server, or the browser cannot apply these. This reply gives further details.

This is often caused by some mismatch between the URL entered in the browser and the one set in $CFG->wwwroot in config.php, these must be the same.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Reefo Relaxo -
Thanks Leon! I had the same problem before,  but I can't remember what I did to resolved it. 
But I know I didn't add anything on the config.php file. 

But adding this $CFG->slasharguments = false; (as per David Suescunon the config.php resolve it now.

Just using it for my local.

thanks again.
In reply to Leon Stringer

by Reefo Relaxo -
hi again Leon, the problem still occurs. I added the $CFG->slasharguments = false; on the config file,
but it only work on that certain page. Tried reinstalling the whole thing again to take a screenshot if there's
an error on the "server checks" .  But STATUSES SHOWS "OKAY". Saw errors on the js though,

But I already checked if my chrome is allowing the js on sites to load, it is allowing the JS.
I also made both the moodle and moodledata directory to 777 and still, it is still the same.

In reply to Reefo Relaxo

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Where are you trying to do this install. Is it your own server, VPS, shared hosting...what???

In reply to AL Rachels

by Reefo Relaxo -
hi, im doing it on my mac. for testing purposes
In reply to Reefo Relaxo

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

When it works correctly the page should appear like this:

Screenshot of Installation page: On this page you should configure your main administrator account

On my test server if I set up a site using HTTP (not HTTPS) the network requests for this page all have status 200 OK:

Screenshot of browser developer tools with GET theme/styles.php/boost/1711276557_1/all: 200 OK, etc.

So there's possibly a mismatch between your site being HTTP (insecure), your browser or web server redirecting requests to HTTPS (secure) and your browser blocks mixing HTTP/HTTPS content in a page. If you want to use HTTP make sure your server isn't sending Content-Security-Policy: upgrade-insecure-requests in the headers of responses (click on a request in the browser developer tools to see response headers). You may find it easier to set up this site using HTTPS (for example, with a self-signed HTTPS certificate and key pair for testing).

You could also try installing your site using the command line which would get you past this page. However if the HTTP/HTTPS issue is causing this problem it will still need resolving to have a working site.