Easy conversion of Journal into Weblog (Blog)

Easy conversion of Journal into Weblog (Blog)

by David Delgado -
Number of replies: 7
What if we just take Journal module and put a "public" option (yes/no) and stamp the date/time in each post (currently we just keep date/time of last post).

With public=yes it would be a perfect Weblog or Blog that could be an excelent learning resource and contribute to the spread of knowledge in the courses (knowledge management). Note that public would mean public inside the course, of course. I think it is worth the small change. Do you agree?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Delgado

Re: Easy conversion of Journal into Weblog (Blog)

by Ger Tielemans -
Student chooses public or not, teacher can overrule?
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by David Delgado -
Good questions. smile I think it is the teacher that must select if ALL the Journals are public (Blogs) or not. Perhaps there could be 3 options: "Public", "Teacher and Student" and "Private" (Student only, as a notebook). Currently we have only the "Teacher and Student" option. If this was done, when teacher selects "Private" Journals, they were not visible for anyone but the student (not even the teacher could see them).

Anyway, as I told before, I think that the Weblog option would be the most intersting one to share the knowledge that the students build. Just Type="Public". smile

There may be other options an opinions there. Any of them are welcome.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Jennifer O'Leary -
Hi folks!

What about using the "Each person posts one discussion" forum as a blog for each student?

Jen

by Tom Murdock -
Hey guys, some good news. Daryl Hawes is currently moving Simplog into Moodle. He is close to beta testing, but is still cleaning up some code. I would guess that you'll see it around this room in a week or so.

Your suggestions will be very helpful when he gets close to a place when he can share it with the community.

I like the way your ideas are kind of collapsing the ideas of blogs and of publishers like nuke.

-Tom

by vik Rajewski -
I'm looking for blogging functionality in moodle as well, but on a somewhat more ambitious scale than this would allow.

I'm kinda new to moodle, and still haven't found my way around it... Is there any functionality that gives students any personal webspace? If not, how difficult would it be to create such functionality?

More questions/ideas to come.

:vik:
In reply to vik Rajewski

by Jennifer O'Leary -
Vik,
the "profile" feature can work as student home page with some creativity.

Jen