Assessment phase - student view

Assessment phase - student view

by Christine Cumming -
Number of replies: 2
I'm new to workshop, so please excuse me if this is an obvious question. I can't see anything in previous posts about this.

In assessment phase, when students have to give feedback on their peers' submissions, is there any confirmation that their assessment has been "submitted" after that have saved it?

I've had a few students say that they don't know whether their assessment (peer assessment) has saved.

Should there be a message to confirm that their peer review contribution has saved? Is this what pending means? Or does that mean that the assessments have still to be made?

Also, I notice that if students click the drop down next to the Assessment Form to close it and reopen it, then the save options are not visible to students. If they exit that screen and go back to Assess again the save options are there.

Is this as expected?

Attachment Screenshot 2024-03-08 162511.png
Attachment Screenshot 2024-03-08 163951.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christine Cumming

Re: Assessment phase - student view

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What is your grading strategy in the Workshop and have you defined the assessment form?

Total 5 / Pending 5 suggests that this user was assigned (allocated) 5 submissions to peer-assess and they still have to do all 5 of them. So the Workshop does not consider them done. That might be because there was no grade given, therefore I have doubts about whether the assessment form has been defined in this Workshop instance.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Assessment phase - student view

by Christine Cumming -
Hello David

Thanks for your reply. Yes you are correct, assessment form not set up fully.

We are working with the lecturer and it's now resolved.

Thanks again for your input.