Redo within an Attempt Grading

Redo within an Attempt Grading

by Alex F -
Number of replies: 5
Hi,

I have a quiz where the settings are immediate feedback where redo within an attempt is allowed. What I'm wanting is for students to be able to be graded based off redos within an attempt, so they can attempt each question until they get it correct, and get the marks once they get it correct. For some questions in the quiz, it does grade in this way, whereas it doesn't grade this way for other questions in the quiz - students are graded based off their first attempt at the question, and even if they get a question correct in subsequent attempts after getting it wrong the first time, they're still marked as incorrect.
It is odd that this is happening for some questions in the same quiz but not for others.

Can anyone advise what the expected grading behaviour for redos within attempts is? And why some questions in a quiz may be counting the results of redos within an attempt towards the grade while others aren't?

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex F

Re: Redo within an Attempt Grading

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The expected behaviour is that the grade is based of the final redo.

If that is not what is actually happening, that is a bug.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex F -
Thanks Tim, appreciate the reply.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex F -
Thanks for the reply Tim.

Something else we're observing which I'm unsure as to whether it's a bug or not, is that in interactive with multiple tries quizzes, we always seem to get the same random instance of a question when reattempting it. Is this the expected behaviour in interactive with multiple tries quizzes, or is this a bug too?
In reply to Alex F

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Interactive with multiple tries is 3 tries to get a single question right. So, yes, that is expected.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alex F -
Thanks for getting back to me Tim. Appreciated.
Yes, the interactive with multiple tries where the number of attempts is the number of hints + 1.