data deletion for user context does not work

data deletion for user context does not work

by Jeremy Schulz -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers
Hello people,

So I have a quick question regarding the whole privacy tool.
I have an instance with many old accounts and I wanted to bring it up to snuff with current data protection regulations.

So defined my purpose and category and set it explicitly in site and user context in the registry. everything else not set so it just inherits it by default.

Now the problem is the following. only the modern course have end dates defined. The old courses do not have it defined.

So i unchecked the setting requireallenddatesforuserdeletion

From what I understood, this would mean that students that are only enrolled in these old courses will expire if their time since last login exceeds the retention period.

Yet, when checking /admin/tool/dataprivacy/datadeletion.php?filter=30 for User it will always show "This context level has no data for which the retention period has expired."

I manually double checked that I have some users in these old courses with no end date that are only enrolled in that course and have not logged in for more than the retention period.
I even forced it to recalc the expired retention periods by running php admin/cli/scheduled_task.php --execute="\tool_dataprivacy\task\expired_retention_period"

Yet it still says that no users have expired.

Is this a bug or am i just fundamentally misunderstanding the whole thing
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeremy Schulz

Re: data deletion for user context does not work

by Jeremy Schulz -
Picture of Core developers
Well it seems this error only happen if i have some role overrides set.
Without role overrides it works as expected.
But I have a role override for manager and a custom privacy officer role i created.

But non of the people that should show up as expired and are not, have these roles. So in theory these overrides shouldn't matter so it looks like a bug,
but further investigation seems to be needed so I will have a look at the code