Possible to have Grader Report rows as single line (Moodle 4.3.2)

Possible to have Grader Report rows as single line (Moodle 4.3.2)

by Sebastian Velez -
Number of replies: 1
I just updated to Moodle 4.3.2.

When I go to the Grader Report, things changed from the previous version. In the previous version, each row in the Grader Report used a single line. This allowed me to see about 20 rows at once on my screen and enter grades quickly without much scrolling.

With the new version, each row in the grader report is about 4 lines tall, there's a new floating bottom thing with the text "Show" and a drop-down menu by it. I can only fit about 5 rows at a time, and this requires a lot of scrolling when entering grades. Zooming in and out (ie making the text larger on the browser)  does not solve the issue.

I have been browsing the forums and have not found anything related. Google searches have not helped.

Has this question been answered? If not, anybody knows where can I find a setting to get back the Grade Book in single-line format?
In reply to Sebastian Velez

Re: Possible to have Grader Report rows as single line (Moodle 4.3.2)

by Mihail Geshoski -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hello Sebastian,

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to optionally change the UI in the Grader report and use the old format.
The Gradebook has been significantly re-designed in the last few versions to solve some major pain points such as the extensively long horizontal scroll, overall clutterness and insufficient grade status indication.
Most of these issues have been effectively solved by the new design, however, unfortunately, the vertical scrolling has increased as a result.
I have created an issue in the Moodle Tracker (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-80798) and the component team will assess this request.
Please feel free to comment and follow the discussion on https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-80798.

Cheers.