Send notification on enrollment expiry IF course is not completed

Send notification on enrollment expiry IF course is not completed

by Jeremy Schulz -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers
Hey,

So I want to send notifications to users if the course is not completed yet for them, as defined by the settings on the course completions settings page and their enrollment is about to expire.

This means I basically just want the normal "Manual Enrollment Expiry Notification" Mail but it should only be send people that have not completed the course.
Sure it would be nice if that Enrollment notification would have an option to send a mail ONLY to the enrolled user but whatever.

So from what I understand you can't do that just with vanilla moodle.
I have looked at the reengagement and pulse plugins, but both don't really do what I need.

There is no other option I am overlooking, right?

Just wanted to make sure before I invest time to make my own little plugin for that.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeremy Schulz

Re: Send notification on enrollment expiry IF course is not completed

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What happens if you combine the availability_relativedate plugin with the reengagement or pulse plugin?
In reply to Renaat Debleu

Re: Send notification on enrollment expiry IF course is not completed

by Jeremy Schulz -
Picture of Core developers
btw, this seems to be doing what i want it to do.
While I can't check for course completion directly, i can combine relativeDate with ActivityCompletion set as "not complete" for the reengagement instance.
And when i set the instance to Notify users on reengagement completion and set the duration to like one minute, it basically does what i want.

So thanks for the tip.