Some help with XML-RPC call

Some help with XML-RPC call

by Michael Simpson -
Number of replies: 2
So without going into the full story, I'm trying to do a quick test on our moodle server using xml-rpc

I've created an external service, assigned it the functions I want, and set my own user as the only authorised user for the service.
I've generated a token for the service.
My user has the capabilities to use the functions assigned to the service, and the xml-rpc protocols.

I wrote some quick python code just to make a test request (snippet below):

proxy = xmlrpc.client.ServerProxy(moodle_url)

username = '<someuser>'
token = '<mytoken>'
user_info = proxy.core_user_get_users(token, {'criteria': [{'key': 'username', 'value': username}]})

However, upon execution it's spitting out the error:
<Fault 89159464: 'Invalid token - token not found | ERRORCODE: invalidtoken'>

However, the token is copy/pasted exactly as it appears on the service, it does not expire and I'm able to use it without issue for another RESTful integration that I use.

At this point I'm not really sure which token it's expecting, (If I user the token.php endpoint with my user login details the token it returns is the same as the token I'm using) or where I'm going wrong!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Simpson

Re: Some help with XML-RPC call

by Michael Simpson -
Ok so the issue was I can't just send "token" in the proxy method arguments, I have to append it to the site_url string with "?wstoken="

Now to build the parameters correctly haha
In reply to Michael Simpson

Re: Some help with XML-RPC call

by Michael Simpson -
My new issue is ofc the classic - how on earth do I structure the enrol request to enrol a user?

The following xml-rpc request works:
    user_criteria ={'key': 'username', 'value': '<username>'}

user_info = proxy.core_user_get_users([user_criteria])

However the following returns "invalid parameter" fault:
enrolment = {
            "roleid": 5,
            "userid": 1301483,
            "courseid": 474,
            "timestart": 1705659088,
            "timeend": 1706569201,
            "suspend": 0
        }

enrolment_result = proxy.enrol_manual_enrol_users([enrolment])

The same parameter values (and similar structure) work on RESTful calls without issue, but for now I'm specifically trying to make the xml-rpc call. (Short story is edwiser bridge is not synchronising courses enrolled via REST API call - I suspect due to their own "filter" function checking the global $_POST variable - I basically want to test the xml-rpc call which shouldnt be using $_POST