Is there a cheaper alternative to Getmarked?

Is there a cheaper alternative to Getmarked?

by Roger Handyside -
Number of replies: 6
I have access to some Google forms quizzes and I want import them into Moodle 4. I have used the Getmarked free trial and it seems to work well. BUT I am just trying out a small course and the price is very high!!  $50 for a licence plus $40 for year’s use. That’s about £70 sterling for just one year.  Does anyone know if a cheaper alternative?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Handyside

Re: Is there a cheaper alternative to Getmarked?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I have no idea what Getmarked is - what exactly does it do?

by Eoin Campbell -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
See https://digitaliser.getmarked.ai/. Looks very cheap to me, if it actually works well. How many hours of work would it save you, and how much do you value each hour?
In reply to Eoin Campbell

by Roger Handyside -
Yes I can see it would save time if you were a big user! It’s not really that cheap for occasional user. I would prefer more use quotas at varying costs. You used to be able to buy bulk quizzes for direct storm input that was very useful, but that was with flash I think. Some subscription sites include some very good quiz sets, but the ones I like only have GoogleForm quizzes that really require Getmarked fir easy direct import to the question bank. I’m retired so I no longer value time in the same way!!

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
GetMarked says it offers a free trial, so make sure to try it out before buying.

by QST Support -
At qstonline.org we will be offering a free Google forms to Moodle XML converter by the end of the first quarter in 2024.
We are currently just finishing the free Canvas to Moodle XML converter.
We know it doesn't help you now, but keep it in mind for the future.
In reply to QST Support

by Roger Handyside -
Sounds very promising!! Will keep a look out!! Just what small tutors need!!