Hide course, allow student to see in dashboard

Hide course, allow student to see in dashboard

by Allan Begolo-Wyatt -
Number of replies: 4
Hey folks,

Using Moodle 3.9 (soon to be updated to 3.11) - I was wondering if there is a way for us to hide courses from a user without the course being removed from a user's dashboard?

The reason is we'd like users to still be able to access their old certificates for these courses, but don't want them re-doing the course.

I've had a look at capabilities, and even if I change the flag for "show hidden courses" the profile dashboard does not show the hidden course.

Thanks,
Allan.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allan Begolo-Wyatt

Re: Hide course, allow student to see in dashboard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
What are you using for certificates because the Custom Certificate plugin puts a link on their profile page to a page with all the certificates they have earned.
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Allan Begolo-Wyatt -
Ah, that's an interesting point. We'd also like them to be able to see the course too in their history however. Essentially we want a read only version of the course that restricts them from being able to access the SCORMs within.
In reply to Allan Begolo-Wyatt

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Well you can freeze the context of the course which will make it read only. But, if they need access, then you can't really hide it. But if the course has an end date, it should move the to the past section of their my courses..
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Allan Begolo-Wyatt -
Ending the course would remove their access to the SCORMs and such wouldn't it?