Custom Certificate access restrictions

Custom Certificate access restrictions

by Carolyn Blackwell -
Number of replies: 4
Hi I've set up a certificate in a current course. Students are seeing different "not available unless" pre-requisites for the certificate than I can see as a manager of the course on the back end. Do you know what might be happening? 

In case it is relevant - part way through the course we changed some of our activities that were pre-requisites for the certificate from pages to forums.  After which  I re-linked the new ones (which had the same names, but were different Moodle activity/resource types) to the certificate AFTER the course has started.

This is what a student can see.

And this is what I see at the backend

Note the week 3 activity is missing. What I can't tell from the student end is whether it is linking to the old non-existent activity pages with the same name or linking to the correct pages and just one is missing?

So questions
- Any easy way to check what is happening or fix it?
- Could I replace the certificate once the course has started? Is that a way to get around this?

Thanks

Carolyn
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carolyn Blackwell

Re: Custom Certificate access restrictions

by Carolyn Blackwell -
I tried setting a new one up and the same thing happened. It's showing fine from the manager view but from the student view (my test student account) then one of the activities is not showing in the list of those on the needing to be completed. The one that is missing is an assignment type. I can't figure out what is happening as there are other assignment types set up in exactly the same way as that one (I went through all the settings and they are identical) and they are showing up fine.
In reply to Carolyn Blackwell

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
And I presume that you have checked to see if the student has completed that activity?  Because the restriction will only show if it has not been completed yet...
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Carolyn Blackwell -
Hi. I think I figured out what was happening. The list shown to students was a list of the activities they had NOT YET completed and remained restricting their access, not a list of all restrictions including those they had already completed. So one was missing as I had done a test submission for it.