Allowing users to view certificates of others

Allowing users to view certificates of others

by Łukasz Ankudo -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I recently got a request from a Customer to assign someone to oversee their group in a course. Everything is well, they can see attendance and grades, but I also have to issue certificates. It all works great, I can issue them, users can see their own certificates, but… Can I give someone permission to see all certificates generated by users of a group? I cannot see such an option and I think it would be beneficial for oversight purposes. Once I managed to allow someone to see those generated certificates, but I technically gave them admin privileges.

Also, is there a way to bulk download certificates for users of a group or all users? Such option also appears to be missing for me.

Thank you!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Łukasz Ankudo

Re: Allowing users to view certificates of others

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You would need a role assigned at course level with capabilities mod/customcert:viewreport and mod/customcert:view. A role based on the non-editing teacher should grant this although you probably want to change mod/customcert:manage to "Not set".

The certificate activity's group mode would have to be separate groups, for example, if the course settings were Group mode = "Separate groups" and Force group mode = "Yes.