Gradebook overview bug...

Gradebook overview bug...

by ryan lesperance -
Number of replies: 7
I recently upgraded to 4.3 and now when viewing the gradebook overview report random activities, at this point it seems to be primarily quizzes, are acting as if they are hidden from student. But only in gradebook overview. The student can see and interact with the activity at a course level and the grade is reflected and visible in the course gradebook. Admin/Teachers can view gradebook overview for the student as "Myself" but the "hidden" activities are greyed out and do not display a tick as complete. 

All activities are set to show.
All have exactly the same settings and before the upgrade all were visible as expected.
Using Boost

Any insights appreciated

Attachment Screenshot gradebook.png
In reply to ryan lesperance

Re: Gradebook overview bug...

by ryan lesperance -
***Bump
It seems if I delete an in progress attempt this causes the activity to act as if it is hidden....

I am at a loss to what is doing this

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I am moving your post to the Gradebook forum where it might get more attention.

by Nathan Lind -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Ryan,
If your issue looks like this:

Moodle gradebook, Sam Student User Report, viewed as teacher, with grayed-out Demo quiz.

...you might want to check the "Review Options" in your quizzes, particularly the "Marks" checkboxes, which, depending on the timing of when the quiz closes, can make the quiz hidden in the gradebook - see next screenshot:

Quiz Review Options, showing "Marks" checkbox deselected
In reply to Nathan Lind

by ryan lesperance -
Hi thanks for your attention This has just started happening these activities have been live for 3 years and this issue has only started since 4.3 All the quizzes have the same review settings but only some are greyed out there is no close date and all the review marks are greyout out. As an aside I tried duplicating a quiz both a currently greyout one and a visible one.. both duplicated as greyed out

by ryan lesperance -
Ok following your lead I restored visibility by clicking maximum marks but this was not set for any quizzes for the last 3 years...

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
"Maximum marks" is a new setting in Moodle 4.3,
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Quiz grades disappear for students in upgraded site

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ryan,

The problem you describe is a recent bug affecting sites upgrading to 4.3 - MDL-80210. As you've found, you can solve it in the quiz settings by ticking maximum marks. The bug is due to be fixed in Moodle 4.3.1 which is scheduled for release on 11 December 2023.