Moodle version upgrade from v3.9.4 to 3.11

Moodle version upgrade from v3.9.4 to 3.11

by Enkhbayar Erdenechuluun -
Number of replies: 4

Hello

I tried to upgrade the moodle system from  v3.9.4 to v3.11.

The server check statuses are all ok/green/, but the error "check_igbinary322_version – error reading environment data" appears in other checks group when click to update component. The server's PHP version is PHP Version 7.4.3-4ubuntu2.19.

Error screenshot and PHP settings screenshot attached.

We have tried all kinds of check_igbinary322_version removal from the server, update and reinstall, but moodle still shows this error.

Please help me how to fix this error and upgrade moodle version. Thank you for your help.

Attachment ig1.png
Attachment ig2.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Enkhbayar Erdenechuluun

Re: Moodle version upgrade from v3.9.4 to 3.11

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What operating system is this and where did PHP come from?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Tsetseg-Ulzii Yadamsuren -
Any guidance please?
In reply to Tsetseg-Ulzii Yadamsuren

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I've looked at the source code and cannot see how this error can happen because the igbinary322 check is 'optional' which should never show Error only Warning, and the igbinary322 check should only ever fail with PHP 7.2.

If this error still appears please tell us what is selected in the Moodle version list:

Screenshot of Environment page showing Moodle version dropdown list with options 3.9.4, 3.10, 3.11, etc.

You could try upgrading to Moodle 3.9.24 first. The igbinary322 check was added in Moodle 3.9.10 so cannot appear in Moodle 3.9.4 (MDL-72312) unless the source code has been modified.