SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

by Robert Jordaan -
Number of replies: 11
Hi Moodle Team,

I recently did an upgrade to 4.3 from 4.2 and suddenly none of the SCORM activities record as completed, even though it had worked in the previous version.

I have about 20 SCORM activities that have stopped recording completion states unless I unlock the Completion Settings and save it again.

The problem it causes is that by doing this, it kicks off the completion emails to all my users again.

Does anyone know what went wrong and when it will be fixed, this is a major issue for me as I have weekly management reports running that are now inaccurate and it affects employees' performance reports?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Jordaan

Re: SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

by Robert Jordaan -
Quick update - it has been reported as a bug (not by me)... In case anyone else is running into the same issue, it looks like a recent refactor of the scorm_scoes_track table is to blame but I am not a dev so don't take my word for it.

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-79967
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Angela Copple -
We recently did an upgrade from 3.11 to 4.3 and the completion tracking for SCORMs have stopped working. 

Also noted that the score for completion doesn't stay saved in the settings.  

I put in 70.  Come back and it is blank.  

Try to use the new option to tell it to look for a passing grade and it says I need to enter the grade.  

Well and truly stuck to get it to work. 
Attachment Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 6.57.51 AM.png
Attachment Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 6.58.55 AM.png
In reply to Angela Copple

by Jason Grammes -
I am having the same exact issue. It is not reporting the scorms as completed, and I cannot save the minimum passing score. Have you figured out a work around, or has Moodle resolved this issue yet?
In reply to Jason Grammes

Re: SCORM Activities can't specify the minimum score in 4.3

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Angela and Jason, the minimum score not saving problem is reported as MDL-80209. It will most likely be fixed in Moodle 4.3.1 which is scheduled to be released on Monday 11 December 2023.

by Angela Copple -
Also noted that your error and mine don't seem to be the same. I can unlock completion settings and save but it doesn't correct the issue. There is no way am able to set it to work.

by Stefano Mazzei -
idem  sad
https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=452377

I was starting to think it was my problem... I'll tell you that after dozens of tests and days of work, I came to understand that the cause is the failure to write the SCORM evaluation, i.e. the score, in the DB, in fact if you go to the report you see that it is not reported unlike the one which instead has the status "DONE", if the student accesses and completes the scroll without leaving the activity everything works, but if he exits and then re-enters picking up where he left off, then yes has a "suspended" status then it doesn't work. This only happens with version 4.3, because with the previous ones everything is fine, the important question is to understand if it is a Moodle bug, or a SCORM incompatibility, I use Articulate, but I downloaded the trial version of Inspring and still I didn't solve it . To validate the completion status I have to re-save the scroll (another strange thing), or force the attempts status to ALWAYS, but this forces the student to start over every time and it doesn't always work!

When will the patch arrive on the new version?

In reply to Stefano Mazzei

Ri: Re: SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

by cristina eleuteri -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm on moodle 4.3+ (Build: 20231013) and the same problem is always present.
When will the patch arrive on the newer version?
In reply to cristina eleuteri

Re: Ri: Re: SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Christina, MDL-79967 will be fixed in Moodle 4.3.1, which is scheduled to be released on Monday 11 December 2023.

In reply to Helen Foster

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

by cristina eleuteri -
Thanks
Cristina
In reply to cristina eleuteri

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: SCORM Activities no longer mark activity completion in v 4.3

by cristina eleuteri -
In addition, today I no longer see the possibility of changing the criteria for activity completation, both at the single scorm level and at the general course level (course completation settings).
For me it is a huge damage, time and cost...
It'incredible...