Reinstall moodle pre-installed plugins

Reinstall moodle pre-installed plugins

by Hossein Haji -
Number of replies: 8
Hi everyone
I have accidentally deleted the standard Moodle "Guest access" plugin, but now I can't find the plugin file in the Moodle plugin directory. It seems that it doesn't contain pre-installed Moodle plugins
How can I find the "Guest Access" plugin file for Moodle 4.3?

I appreciate your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hossein Haji

Re: Reinstall moodle pre-installed plugins

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
How did you "delete" the plugin?
In reply to Jon Witts

by Hossein Haji -
Site Administration >> Plugins >> Plugins overview
found the plugin and then uninstall
In reply to Hossein Haji

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Download the zip of the Moodle 4.3 source code, extract the enrol/guest subfolder, and upload this to the enrol subfolder in your Moodle site's source code folder.

(Unless you used Git to obtain the Moodle source code, in which case use the command git checkout enrol/guest).

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Leon Stringer

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
+1 - IMHO, one more reason the git repo *should* be distributed with the .zip/.tgz downloads! smile
'SoS', Ken

by Ken Task -
@Leon ... this is a side/channel but related to plugins.

Was looking at removing some development plugins so an in-experienced admin wouldn't be tempted to play with them.

Example: jmeter testing and what is required to run a jmeter test ... 
@Leon .. question would you know off hand what needs to be removed from moodle code to prevent access to jmeter testing?   For that matter, anything in development area?

(Sites are git maintained so I know core code can be re-acquired if need be)

Thanks, in advance, Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Ken: As far as I can see this functionality is provided by the core plugin Development Data Generator (tool_generator). Maybe one of these would work for you:

1. When deploying the site remove the admin/tool/generator directory before the Moodle install script is run.
  2. After installing the site uninstall tool_generator.

Either of these options would remove both the Make test course and Make JMeter test plan options from the Development tab.

by Ken Task -
Thanks, Leon!  

I probably should have explained ... situation ... a client has an admin level user that has just enough 'courage' to ... let's called it 'explore' - not because any testing is needed as site has been humming right along with no hickups for years and there is no anticipated participant increase.  Offered to install a sandbox instance where the admin could play all they like, but 'powers that be' said no.

As a remote admin who is never included any plans, I am oft put into a re-active/fix boo-boo mode and 'powers that be' don't seem to have enough 'power' to get across any message to this admin level person.  Thought about a modified admin role ... briefly ... then decided there as to be a 'better way'.

Think I found it ... you have confirmed ... and I'd only have to add to .gitignore that path to assure a git update or upgrade wouldn't re-install! smile

Thanks, again ... Ken.